THE ROLL OUT PLAN FOR JULY 2019 CLEAN UP EXERCISE
Already, an integrated and joint partnership between stakeholders has been put in place with many operational sub committees set up, namely:-
1. Publicity / Media Sub Committee headed by the SSA Public Enlightenment to the Governor.
2. Security sub committee headed by the Brigade Commander.
3. Committee on Hotels, Supermarkets, Resturants, Petrol Stations.
4. Funding sub committee.
5. Mobilization / Volunteer sub committee.
6. Identification sub committee.
*The Identification sub committee is charged with identifying additional dump sites in Imo State. At present, Imo State have only one refuse dump site.
* Essential Services will be allowed to operate.
–OPERATIONAL GUIDES/ SECTOR CONTROLS
1. Brigade Commander to supervise & monitor the clean up activities in Okigwe Zone.
2. Commissioner of Police / Commandant of Civil Defence, to supervise & monitor the clean up exercise in Orlu Zone.
3. Deputy Governor, Imo State, to supervise / monitor clean up exercise in Owerri zone.
–SUB- SECTOR CONTROLS
1. General Manager ENTRACO to take charge of clean up exercise in New Owerri.
2. Federal Commissioner for Public Complaints Chief Willie Amadi to handle the clean up exercise in all Tertiary Institutions.
3. H.E. Ikedi Ohakim to monitor the entire exercise across zones and across board.
4. His Excellency the Governor of Imo State, Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha to physically participate, playing key advisory roles.
The goal is for all Imolites to volunteer and participate in the clean up exercise.
To be deployed for the clean up exercise are as follows:-
1. 470 Trucks.
2. 70 Pay Loaders.
3. 10 Mobile Courts.
4. 3 additional dump sites.
1. TRADERS, to do clean up on friday, while saturday will be used for the collection and evacuation of refuse at 105 market locations in Imo State.
2. GOVERNMENT SECRETARIATS. Friday will be used for clean up by workers at both the State and Local Government Secretariats, while saturday will used for collection and evacuation.
–THE GOVERNOR’S PRICE
There is a Governor’s price to be won by the cleanest:-
1. Autonomous Community.
2. Primary School.
3. Secondary School.
4. Tertiary Institution.
The Imo State Environmental Ambassadors made of performing artists will be involved, so also the Christian Association of Nigeria CAN, and Penticostal Fellowship of Nigeria PFN, Imo State branches.
Already the Tipper Owners Association has donated 30 tippers for the end of the month exercise, while Union Bank has donated some aprons and refuse bins.
Report by Prince Eze Ugochukwu.
Chairman, Publicity & Media Sub Committee,
SSA to Imo State Governor on Public Enlightenment.