African media expert, Biola Alabi was a Keynote speaker at Women’s Day Gala Luncheon, hosted by the South African Consulate General last week. In her keynote speech she shared with young people what she wished she was told when she was a 21/22 years old graduating from University.
Read excerpt from her speech below as seen on her linkedin page
1. I wish I had been told when I was 21 that I don’t know everything and to be committed to continually learning.
2. I wish I had been told how to practice respect.
3. I wish someone had told me when I was 21, that the world is a very big place.
4. I wish someone had told me when I was 21 that what I really wanted at 16 isn’t necessarily what I would go on to want at 20 or even at 30.
5. I wish someone had told me when I was 21 that life is precious.
For now, those are my top five points to you. I do hope that they help you and that you go on to make your mark in the world. I have no doubt that you will. Your generation will be a better version than mine and that is how it should be.